Q. Troubleshooting EBSCO E-books
Most of the EBSCO eBooks can only be viewed by one patron at a time. If someone else is looking at the book within the Barry system at the moment or has just recently finished, the book will be off-limits for a time and will register as 'in-use'.
If a new PDF opens each time you turn the page of an eBook in the viewer in EBSCOhost,
this can be corrected by changing a setting in Adobe Reader:
To ensure eBooks are displayed in the eBook viewer in the browser window:
1. Launch Adobe Reader.
2. Click the Edit menu in the toolbar at the top of Adobe Reader.
3. Select Preferences from the drop-down list of options.
4. Select Internet in the left-column of the resulting menu.
5. Mark the check box Display PDF in browser.
6. Click OK.
eBooks now display in the eBook viewer without displaying individual PDFs for each page.
Note: If you have both Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader, you will need to make this change in both applications
1. From the Tools menu click on Internet Options.
2. To enable session cookies, click the Privacy tab.
3. From the Settings section of the tab, click Advanced.
4. Click the checkbox next to Override automatic cookie handling
5. Click the checkbox next to Always allow session cookies, click OK.
6. To enable Java Scripting, click the Security tab.
7. Locate the Custom area of the Security tab, and click the Custom Level button.
8. From the Security Settings dialog that opens, scroll through the options until you see Scripting.
9. Check the radio buttons next to Enable Active Scripting and Scripting of Java applets.
10. Click OK to accept scripting and cookie handling changes and close the Security Settings window.
11. From the Internet Options dialog, click Apply to effect settings and click OK to close the dialog.
If you are unable to IP authenticate using EBSCOhost Connection within IE 9, below is EBSCO’s tech support recommendation to add http://connection.ebscohost.com as a Trusted Site in Internet Options:
1. Open Internet Explorer 9.
2. Select Tools > Internet Options in the tool bar.
3. Within the Internet Options pop-up window, select the Security tab.
4. Select the Trusted Sites zone option (green checkmark graphic).
5. Select the Sites button.
6. Within the next pop-up, enter the text below in the Add this website to the zone: text box: http://connection.ebscohost.com
7. Select the Add button (Note: make sure that the check box corresponding to Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone is un-checked.)
8. Select the Close button and then the OK button within the pop-ups closing the windows.
for the eBooks to display.
for the eBooks to display.